Creating 3D Characters: Week 3
Week 3: Interview Your Character
Interviewing my character has probably been the most insightful exercise so far. Wow. I wrote her answers to the interview questions as if no one would ever read them. I write much better when I am pretending no one will read it. I don’t want to write what I think you should read/hear. I want to write how it really is. How it really is can sometimes be uncomfortable to express. I did great on this assignment because I didn’t hold back. I handwrote the interview, so I am not posting it here. I will, however, give you some idea of interview questions.
Interview the Character twice. Round 1: Let your character answer the question however your character would. If it feels like a question your character would avoid, let them come up with a creative way to evade it. Round 2: No lying policy. Your character MUST answer every question honestly.
- Who are you?
- How do you think others see you?
- How do you see yourself?
- What information about you would surprise others if they found out?
- What secrets do you have?
- What makes you happy?
- What makes you sad?
- What event in your life would you consider your lowest point?
- What is your greatest fear?
- What prejudices do you harbor?
- What goals and aspirations do you have in life?
- Describe yourself in 6 words or less
Homework Assignment: Write a scene with dialogue between 2 characters